We have an open position for Public Funding Manager.
The Public Funding Manager will be responsible for identifying public funding streams (mainly Italian and European Funding), writing, and submitting proposals, monitoring project implementation, ensuring compliance with reporting criteria and developing periodical financial and narrative reports as required by the funders.
- Identify relevant ITA/EU funding opportunities (tenders and grants), manage the preparation of grant proposals and other public-funded calls.
- Manage the overall preparation, implementation and reporting of publicly funded projects and ensure that work is delivered on time and at the highest standards.
- Contribute to developing funding strategy and identifying new funding opportunities, also through other channels than public funding.
- Liaise with the direction and the R&D department to develop project ideas and proposals; coordinate researchers’ and partners’ contributions to projects; coordinate with the Marketing and Communication function for the dissemination of project results (e.g. publications, events).
- Coordinate with and support Finance department for sound budgeting and expenses recognition.
- Manage all contractual and financial issues with contracting authorities, partners and experts; verify that expenses are eligible and in line with the budget.
- Create, foster and maintain good relationships with partners and funding authorities.
- Maintain necessary records, files, reports, databases (e.g. Airtable, Salesforce), and resource materials used by the Development Team as well as other teams.
- Reports to the CEO.
Skills, experience and competencies:
- University degree. Master’s degree in economics, business/political sciences preferable
- At least 4 years working experience dealing with EU-funded projects
- Knowledge of European funding programmes and tendering; sound knowledge of the European Framework Programme for Research contractual and financial rules is highly desirable
- Excellent organizing and planning skills, including decision-making, problem-solving, project management and risk assessment
- Interpersonal and communication skills in a multinational context
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines and a large portfolio of opportunities and projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent drafting skills, including on economic subjects discretion in dealing with confidential matters
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills in English: verbal and written; knowledge of other EU languages is an asset